anyone interested in playing electric guitars?

rickf 11:13 17 May 08

hi,
are there people here interested in joining me to both learn/improve/play electric guitars. I am in north london. get in touch if interested. w/o being ageist this is for someone older,probably 30/35 onwards, rather than in their teens.thanks

Bingalau 11:21 17 May 08

rickf. Love to have a go but I am up here in Formby. Besides I don't have a guitar. I think "Clapton is God" may be interested if he is in your area.

crosstrainer 11:26 17 May 08

I still play, (only for my own enjoyment these day's) but I live in Cardiff....Bit far away I fear :)

rickf 11:54 17 May 08

Hi,
Its a pity you are all so far away:-)Any one nearer? I have amps so you don't need to cart amps around. Just bring guitar. Interest mainly Blues Rock and some Santana type music. I am pretty basic so not to worry!!

Quickbeam 11:56 17 May 08

it can be done... distance no object!

rickf 12:17 17 May 08

Hey, that's an idea but I think it needs to be face to face to be more interactive. Music is a funny thing you need to be at one with each other.

rickf 15:23 17 May 08

bump! Just in case some people missewd this. Ever hopeful.

al's left peg 19:45 17 May 08

Would love to be able to do this been learning for a year or so now, unfortunately live in North East.
I use youtube a lot, including a guy called Justin Sandercoe who is also on youtube. If anybody is like me who is really just a beginner I would recommend him. He gives a great insight in to the instrument as well as showing how to play some good tunes easily in a clear manner.

Clapton is God 21:18 17 May 08

I'm in Sussex, so not really in rickf's neck of the woods.

In any event, I started to learn guitar many years ago and even took professional tuition.

However, I failed miserably to master the instrument - much to my continuing disgust. I'm now the wrong side of 50 so probably unable to learn anything new. ;-))

That's why I now have to content myself with taking delight in listening to God (and other advanced guitar players).

Bingalau 21:30 17 May 08

Clapton is God. Come on you are only a sprog, young enough to learn anything. Surely you don't have to master the instrument? maybe you bit off more than you could chew by taking professional lessons. Why not give it another go? Only this time "slowly-slowly catchee monkey".

rickf 21:40 17 May 08

Hey, don't let age beat you. That's one sure way to get old before your time. Its the spirit that counts. Incidently, not telling how old I am but I am older than you Clapton.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…