Anyone got a clue bat to hit this guy?

interzone55 22:00 05 Mar 09

Every day the Church of Rome manages to stun me with their complete lack of reason.

Here's today's stunner...

click here

ventanas 22:04 05 Mar 09

Absolutely agree with you, an absolutely incredible statement from one who is obviously way out of touch with the real world.
And I'm a member of the church of Rome.

And they wonder why no-one bothers with church these days.

DieSse 22:26 05 Mar 09

I'm surprised that you're stunned by a lack of reason coming from churches. Across the ages it seems to have been pretty common to me.

My thoughts - don't be lazy and rely on handed down rules - work things through for yourself.

gardener 22:36 05 Mar 09

Maybe the Catholics and the Taleban could find common ground here.

wolfie3000 22:46 05 Mar 09

I think your right, they have both caused the oppression and suffering of millions.

peter99co 23:00 05 Mar 09

Has he excommunicated her stepfather from the Catholic Church.

He is also suspected of abusing the girl's physically handicapped older sister who is now 14.

Has the Catholic Church tried to intervene to prevent her being sexually abused by her step-father since she was six years old.

rdave13 00:12 06 Mar 09

Makes you wonder that being 'excommunicated' is no longer a 'bad' thing.

Si_L 01:23 06 Mar 09

That is just unbelievable. If the Church had objections on a moral ground then fair enough, but to ignore the fact that this girl's life is in danger if she went through with it is just downright short-sighted.

Picklefactory 08:16 06 Mar 09

Without wishing to get into a deep religious debate, I'm also Catholic, but came to the conclusion many years ago that my beliefs do not co-incide with the those of the idiots running the church. My personal view is I go with my beliefs but ignore the rulings of the politically, materially and purely egotistically motivated rulings and rantings of a bunch of mere men, not Gods representatives as they like to dictate, with no clue what it all means anymore.

I find it embarrassing as a Catholic, that fools like these have so much say in events.

interzone55 08:26 06 Mar 09

I'm the same as you, but CofE - I stopped going to church when I could no longer contain my anger regarding the hypocrisy of my fellow parishioners.

interzone55 08:31 06 Mar 09

Yes - I know full well the Roman Catholic Church has committed many outrages down through the ages - the Crusades, the destruction of the Cathars and the Inquisition spring to mind.

My point here is that they keep making decisions that border on insanity, and unfortunately many nations across the Earth look to Rome for the basis of their legal systems...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5