Anyone got the answer?

Chronos the 2nd 09:41 AM 23 Mar 13

Last night whilst unable to sleep my mind, as it does, wandered to the origin of the universe and related questions.

I have never fully accepted the Big Bang theory as no one has really explained what caused the largest explosion ever to have happen in the universe to occur.

And if, as it is, generally accepted, the universe is expanding at an ever increasing rate and if there was nothing before the Big Bang then what is the universe expanding into?

I am off to lie down now as my brain hurts.

Quickbeam 09:44 AM 23 Mar 13

muddypaws 09:50 AM 23 Mar 13

"... no one has really explained what caused the largest explosion ever to have happen in the universe to occur."

But there was no universe before the 'big bang'. (:-}}

Quickbeam 09:51 AM 23 Mar 13

It's usually whilst lying on my back on a warm summers night, gazing up into a clear moonless night, in the middle of nowhere, when the milky way can be seen clearly that I get around to worrying about all that sort of stuff...

Aitchbee 09:53 AM 23 Mar 13

I still can't get my head around how a tiny plant seed [let's keep it simple] can grow [if allowed to do so] into a beautiful object like a flower?

Quickbeam 09:58 AM 23 Mar 13

At the monment the only two feasible options are God or Big Bang Theory

Take your pick!

Chronos the 2nd 10:09 AM 23 Mar 13

Sorry Quickbeam not enough evidence for either. if everything began with the Big Bang there can be nothing before so the Big Bang cannot have happened and nothing exists. But of course it does as I have just typed this post,or have I?

If God exists and created everything, what was he doing with himself before hand?

hastelloy 10:18 AM 23 Mar 13

I'm no expert but I believe the theory is that all the matter which existed came together with such force that it created the big bang and the universe has been expanding ever since. When this expansion finally rune out of steam and stops the whole thing will go into reverse and repeat itself.

Not a very scientific explanation (from me) but I think that's the basis of the theory. I don't think I'll be around to see it anyway.

If nothing could have been created without God - who/what created God?

Quickbeam 10:19 AM 23 Mar 13

I'm not arguing the case for either of them Chronos!

But they're the only two theories that have powerful bodies (Church or Science) spending vast amounts of money to prove their case.

In Ridley Scott's Prometheus, the line 'because that's what I choose to believe', is the nearest answer I have.

Meanwhile, I just go out to work as usual and am just grist to the greater mill...

Woolwell 10:30 AM 23 Mar 13

There are some things that we will never know.

Quickbeam 10:38 AM 23 Mar 13

That's not an acceptable answer to either the God or science camp.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED