Anyone good fixing a Iron.?

Uboat 13:13 06 Jul 10

Hiya guys! i appreciate this is a pc related forum but from time to time we have members ask for help on alternative things, Well here's mine.lol
Ive just been given one of these click here & the problem it has is there is no steam coming out.? i dont know if its blocked.? but surely someone has a similar thing on here? can anyone help please? i dont want to throw it away its only been used 6 times in its life..but its out of warranty...
thankx

jakimo 13:20 06 Jul 10

this should fix problem..click here

Uboat 13:51 06 Jul 10

jakimo Thankx! but how do you de-scale them.?

Newuser38 15:05 06 Jul 10

See click here dont know if this is any help.

Our iron TEFAL has an indicator to tell when to clean and this is done by flushing out with water through a special access port. Another tip is to allow the iron to heat up to linen temperature and the turn temp control down to synthetic then press steam button and some of the blockage is loosened. Our Tefal does not have filters which I suspect MR do

Uboat 09:37 07 Jul 10

Newuser38
Thankyou for that! ive emailed MR's! & the link you provided has shown me its a large scale issue with Morphy Richards Irons so i WILL be avoiding them in the future! thankx again!!

jakimo 10:09 07 Jul 10

The descaler usualy has full descaling instructions on box

with the one I use you stand the electric iron base in the descaling solution overnight

BT 16:50 07 Jul 10

Probably a scale issue with most irons depending on your local water supply.
Doesn't anyone use Distilled or De-Ionised water any more?

lotvic 18:15 07 Jul 10

I use previously boiled water from the kettle, (after it has cooled down) or the saved water from condenser dryer. Not had a problem with iron scaling up for last 15 years, (same iron).

ams4127 22:47 07 Jul 10

Oh rats!! That kind of iron!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple