Anyone going to the Olympics?

Quickbeam 18:45 15 Oct 10

It's only £725 for a premium seat for the mens 100m blue ribband event:O Ouch my wallet cries!

click here

Forum Editor 18:46 15 Oct 10

but I won't be paying £725, or anything like it.

spuds 18:54 15 Oct 10

I might(just might)push myself to watch it from an armchair at home. Very doubtful though ;o))

Quickbeam 18:55 15 Oct 10

For £725 you can buy a very comfortable armchair...

sunnystaines 18:56 15 Oct 10

my daughter got the price list sent to her, she is keen to go. at rip off prices i told her better of watching it on tv unless its all pundit talk and no action.

spuds 19:03 15 Oct 10

Watching yesterdays evenings BBC Watchdog program put shivers down my spine, regarding on-line tickets sales and over priced tickets for certain events. I wonder if the Olympics will be any different, especially with the must have, must be there at any price brigade?.

Quickbeam 19:06 15 Oct 10

I'd like to see some track and field, but I don't suppose that I'll get anything like the birdseye view that I got in Sheffield in '95 when Jonathan Edwards broke his own world record 3 times not 20 feet away from me, and all for about £25 I think I paid.

I'd rather spend £2,012 on a round the world cruise rather than on a ticket for the opening (that's if i had it BTW!)

Forum Editor 19:08 15 Oct 10

is that I'm unlikely to see another Olympic games hosted here in my lifetime, so I'm going to experience things at first-hand if I can.

In my case it makes sense to go to something that is taking place on the other side of my home city, rather than watching it on TV. I have no idea which event(s) I'll see at this point.

wiz-king 19:09 15 Oct 10

They are paying me that much to go?

Quickbeam 19:10 15 Oct 10

That's the same reason that I'll go to this and the rugby world cup, I'll never get another chance in my home country.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac