Anyone else had an email from Aquaid?

chub_tor 12:39 27 Jan 15
Answered

It is headed as a card receipt and contains a Word document with malware inside Click Here for a full explanation of how it works. Luckily it was sent to a very old email address of mine and I did not open it. Nasty one this and very genuine looking so forum members beware.

lotvic 12:53 27 Jan 15

Not had one (yet), thanks for the warning.

Forum Editor 14:49 27 Jan 15
Answer

I have been receiving emails from Tracey for several weeks, and from other people, all along similar lines.

All such stuff is routinely deleted - I know what I've paid for with my cards.

HondaMan 09:07 28 Jan 15

I have had several going to old email addresses all asking me to confirm a payment. All are deleted and I keep my preview pane SHUT!

johndrew 10:26 28 Jan 15

These rogue mails are not only very common but an absolute pain to those who are not as savvy as those here - especially perhaps those who need "Barclays Eagles".

I have filtered out many through the facility on my ISP's webmail page but they still manage to get the odd one through.

As mention above one of the best safeguards appears to be keeping the preview pane shut.

Quiller. 11:19 28 Jan 15

It is good chubtor has brought this to the attention of the forums readers. Not every one is computer safe and although my filters remove all spam,I don't receive any. I think that in the name of the site PC Advisor, chubtor is giving good advice to maybe a few, but an important few who are unaware of this scam and need to be on their guard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…