Anyone Else Been to this Speakers Corner?

jakimo 08:33 03 May 10

I used to go to Hyde Park Corner regularly on a Sunday morning,it must have been the the most lively debating,and entertaining place in the country

click here

Woolwell 10:54 03 May 10

I have never been there click here but Donald Soper click here was one of the more regular speakers.

ronalddonald 14:42 03 May 10

last time i was there was way back in the 1980's. But in time i got fed up with it, iv got other better places to go than to lively debates with wishy washy ideas

morddwyd 19:22 03 May 10

Been there a few times, not regularly, but now and again, back in the fifties.

Pineman100 19:26 03 May 10

I used to visit Speaker's Corner fairly regularly in the 1960's when I had a girlfriend in London.

One of the regular speakers was H G Wells' grandson - or so he claimed. He certainly looked very much like photos of the great author.

I can't remember a solitary thing about the subjects of his speeches, except that they were hugely varied, and very witty.

The humour of many of the speakers was supplemented by good-natured heckling, which was a tradition at Speaker's Corner. The repartee was often hilarious.

dasli 09:38 05 May 10

mmm..interesting..

sunnystaines 09:48 05 May 10

in the 70's did not see any decent speakers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…