anyone for a cruise

sunnystaines 13:32 16 Feb 09

click here-*!@:es-massive-cruise-liner-like-toy-boat.html

never done a sea cruise, do not think i will now sticking to river cruises.

Legolas 13:39 16 Feb 09

Do you have the right link I get a story about the Japanese Finance minister being drunk

sunnystaines 13:45 16 Feb 09

click here

2nd attempt

Monoux 15:56 16 Feb 09

That's not a ship its a tug boat !!
compared with P & O's Oriana, Oceana or Aurora
and compared to some of Princess Cruises ships the are too

sunnystaines 17:05 16 Feb 09

biggest one i have seen was "ocean princess" when it docked in st georges harbour in WI.

Al94 19:34 16 Feb 09

Here's one getting tossed about a bit (fairly small ship too) click here

Bapou 22:35 16 Feb 09

We were on a cruise recently to The Canary Islands out of Barcelona.

Once into the Atlantic it was a bit of a bumpy ride and walking any where on the ship could be difficult. Nevertheless, I was fascinated watching two people playing pool without any problem at all. There's me sat at the bar wondering how they could play yet the table was constantly going up and down with the movement of the ship.

Thankfully the barman explained, the table was specially designed to maintain a level surface in bad weather conditions. I was beginning to wonder if he had been too generous with the vodka!

perpetual motion 22:51 16 Feb 09

WELL that ship should NEVER of left port in those conditions...we have the technology too show what weathers ahead now a days...again many lives at risk...

Chegs ®™ 05:10 17 Feb 09

Many years ago we were crossing the channel & it was pretty rough,there were regular sounds of crashing crockery and the loo's were all full of ill people.I went on deck to find scores of people lining the rails around the ferry,throwing up over the side.

Then just a few years ago,we were crossing to spain & the journey was 3 days long.It was the most uncomfortable travel I have ever endured,unable to eat(even the crew were scarcely seen)as I instantly heaved it back up,the Captains cheery messages over the tannoy alerting us to the possibility of seeing dolphins if it wasnt so rough did little to cheer me up.When,on the 2nd day the ship leant over so far that water entered through the windows on the opposite side of the room I was in I was terrified.When we docked in spain,there was considerable delay getting our car off as the motion of the ship had been so great that several vehicles had been damaged.

Any journeys I make in future will be by air,at least then if the weathers dire you simply dont take off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…