Anyone built one of these before?

Blackhat 11:24 17 Jun 07

Just curios. Mine took 6 months, don't ask why I did it, long story.

It worked and is now undergoing a rebuild to iron out some axle alignment issues and the fitting of some new bearings.

The link is to a time lapse slide show, don't know if it will work, its new to me.

So if the link works, anyone else tried this?

click here

WhiteTruckMan 11:27 17 Jun 07

but I leant it to a brother in law a while back. He's emigrated now, so I decided to stop holding my breath.

I'm still working on this flippin' water clock though...

WTM

Legolas 11:34 17 Jun 07

No but I would like to have a go where did you get it from?

Blackhat 11:37 17 Jun 07

Bought 3 copies on ebay. It crops up every month or so, paid an average of £7 each.

Bingalau 12:15 17 Jun 07

I wouldn't have the patience to do that. Well done.

Legolas 12:44 17 Jun 07

Blackhat found it on Amazon for £6 swithering whither to get it or not.

Blackhat 12:49 17 Jun 07

Go for it.

It will ruin your social life, you wont appear on here again until its done, your friends will think you have emigrated, your family will alert interpol of a missing person, you will loose any hair you have, you will age ten years.

I thoroughly enjoyed it!

spuds 13:04 17 Jun 07

A few years ago, I made the attempt using surplus stocks of plastic and brass. After a couple of months gave up due to time limitations and other engineering interests.

I think my plans came from a company called Dryads of Leicester. Another company (forgot their name) use to send me a yearly catalogue, which contain similar self build models and designs. Some of the designs had originated from old models that are museum pieces. The kit parts came from China.

Legolas 13:22 17 Jun 07

You make it sound so appealing lol. I think I will give it a go after all £6 won't break the bank.

Legolas 13:31 17 Jun 07

Have just purchased it from Amazon, will keep you up to date of how it is going.

Will it be OK to email you via the yellow envelop if I get into difficulties with it?

Blackhat 13:35 17 Jun 07

Please let me know how it goes, there are a few design faults and plenty of little hints I can give you to avoid minor rebuilds.

I had to buy a second copy to replace some cutting errors and have retained an intact copy.

I had to join an American card model forum to sort out the wheight settings (dont follow the book instructions).

Also talk to me about the axle bearings (the book version does not work well).

Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…