Anyone been to Ayr in Scotland

sunny staines 15:44 01 Dec 07

The wife wants a weekend break in Ayr in West Scotland in early JAN08. Apart from the esplanade for walks has it got anything else [not golfers] we are looking for nice town centre and places nearby to vist etc. Has Ayr got a decent town centre or just a small town with little shops.
The net search brings up mainly phots of gravestones and b&b's and one dire photo of a few shops.

sunny staines 16:08 01 Dec 07

we were going to take up the daily mail 3 nights for 1 offer in the daily mail. the hotel quoted us £89 per night but the head office quotes £150 a night so the 3 for one is really a 3 for 2 nearly not as honest as it appears in the paper.
now looking to book elsewhere in Ayr.

picklsey 16:41 01 Dec 07

i stay in ayrshire i moved here about 2 years ago although i was a very regular visitor.it,s a case of where do you start you have castles rabbie burns cottage plus a lot more,you would certainly need a lot more than 3 days to even touch on what you could do.it,s a fair size town, the people are the friendiest you will find anywhere.
there are a lot of b&bs in ayr i would look at booking into one of them a lot cheaper than what you are being asked.

picklsey 16:46 01 Dec 07

click here

maybe some ideas here.

picklsey 16:55 01 Dec 07
  picklsey 17:01 01 Dec 07

click here
this should give you a better idea.

sunny staines 17:19 01 Dec 07

thanks for your links, been surfing around some of the guest houses.

picklsey 17:24 01 Dec 07

your welcome,i must admit to being biased in my views.i loved it so much i moved here.lol

spuds 17:59 01 Dec 07

A weekend in JAN08. Winter clothing, strong footwear and a taste for whisky perhaps!.

wellshgit 18:46 01 Dec 07

If you do visit Ayr, this place is well worth a visit and will amaze you click here The effect is truly amazing

laurie53 18:46 01 Dec 07

Been there, didn't like it. Personal opinion only, of course, but you did ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017