Anybody drive a Volvo

carver 15:49 10 Jul 14
Answered

A little bit off current topics but does anybody drive a Volvo, it's just that I'm thinking about a new car and so like the shape of the new V40 and V60 especially the V40.

I've never even thought about buying a Volvo before so either I have had a stroke and all sanity has gone or I'm growing up (about time said the wife).

So anybody had one or got one and any thoughts on them.

bumpkin 16:02 10 Jul 14
Answer

Sorry to hear that you have lost your sanity.

amonra 17:09 10 Jul 14

Volvo are like Apple, you don't have a choice of where you buy parts. It's Mr. Volvo or nothing, and they know it !

rickf 17:22 10 Jul 14

Yes, V40 estate. Not the latest model but been very happy with it, I have found it to be very reliable. Serviced yearly though not by Volvo as its a 2003 model. Fingers crossed it has never failed me. The specs are good for the price I believe. Don't expect to upgrade for a while yet.

Woolwell 17:25 10 Jul 14

Volvo Cars are owned by a Chinese company. Nothing wrong in that but don't think that it is Swedish. I like Honest John for car reviews.

bumpkin 18:15 10 Jul 14

My prejudice goes back to the days when young mums had to take the kid to school in a giant Volvo740 estate because it was safe. Much like they have to do now I suppose in Range Rovers. Probably much the same as any modern car on safety issues these days.

carver 18:42 10 Jul 14

bumpkin such kind words will make my stay in the sanatorium so much easier.

bumpkin 19:26 10 Jul 14

Don't let me put you off, probably good cars, the ones in woolwells link were not that ugly if you are happy to carry the stigma:-)) Just joking anyway, buy whatever car you wish and can afford as most of us do.

sunnystaines 19:26 10 Jul 14

had a volvo many years ago 740 estate, very reliable but when parts are needed they are expensive,if buying ask if they still have a lifetime warranty on parts.

not seen a new one for years had thought they had gone bust with saab.

also body work does not rust like most makes do.

carver 20:04 10 Jul 14

The one I've been looking at is similar to this volvo v40 only in white, my problem is I've had Toyota's for 30 years and just driven wifes Pajero now and again so no idea what they are like to own.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:18 10 Jul 14

The idea that big Volvos used to be the safe option is not as true as some liked to think.

Fifth gear crash test, Volvo 940 estate and Renault Modus crash head-on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…