Any Wallander fans out there?

jack O'lantern 08:50 20 Dec 10

The new series on BBC4 Saturdays - A whole new line up it seems.
New production company, new cast sans one who was a 'background totty' in the original is now the prosecueter
The new Wallander looks a bit of a slob- compared to the original Krister Henricksson but we shall see.
The current two parter - part 2 tonight- seems to be an amalgam of two+ previous tales.

SimpleSimon1 09:48 20 Dec 10

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong :-)

What you're watching is the original series of Wallander films (not a TV series), with the actor (Rolf Lassgård) who many people think is the closest interpretation to Mankell's character.

Between 1995 & 2007, nine of the Wallander novels were turned into films and if you ask a Swede who played Wallander, most of them will immediately reply Rolf Lassgård - Krister Henriksson is, primarily, a stage actor and is far better known for his stage appearances than for Wallander.

Hopefully, the Beeb is showing all nine of the Lassgård films but I guess we'll have to wait and see....just so long as we don't get any more of the [IMHO] Brannagh ego-trip version.

jack O'lantern 10:37 20 Dec 10

I did wonder about the two items- which was newer, which preceeded the other- The 'Film' as opposed TV aspect did not occur to me- it explains for example the Diabetes diagnosis in the current story , and the seeming amalgam of two tales.
Now I have got that sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos