Any Proper Tea Drinkers?

laurie53 15:35 30 Sep 08

We have two mugs at home (we've got more than that, but it's just two I'm on about) which are identical except that one is blue and the other one brown.

Is there anyone out there who agrees with me that tea in the wrong one would taste like, to use an expression my gently bred grandmother used, "maid's water"?

Or do you think, like my wife, that it's time I was put away?

interzone55 15:37 30 Sep 08

I have to say I'm with your wife on this one.

What the cup is made of will make a difference, but not it's colour...

Now back to the tinned tomato thread...

Legolas 15:38 30 Sep 08

I'm afraid I agree with your wife, time for the jacket that ties up at the back methinks ;)

Blue OK

Brown No

Legolas 15:39 30 Sep 08

I think its time to move on to baked beans, tinned tomatoes are so last thread.....;¬)

Clapton is God 16:15 30 Sep 08

Have you aver tried drinking tea out of an empty tinned tomatoes can?

Utterly bloody awful (so I'm told).

Having said that, tea drunk out of any sort of receptacle is utterly bloody awful IMO.

Picklefactory 16:16 30 Sep 08

I need to keep up with the current fashions, are baked beans the new tinned tomato's?

Marko797 16:25 30 Sep 08

didn't believe anything could surpass the blasted tinned tomatoes, but this takes the biscuit.

"Or do you think, like my wife, that it's time I was put away?"

laurie53, ur wife is totally correct, u do need putting away preferably in a cupboard, six foot under, with no access to a computer.

On reflection Tinned Tomatoes seems quite sublime, whereas this...

God knows what Ronaldthedonald will feel compelled to add to this thread; I dread to think.

sunny staines 16:28 30 Sep 08

I thought only old biddies drank tea these days.
most people seem to go for coffee.

Marko797 16:32 30 Sep 08

I think that sums it up.

Time for the retirement home for someone, hopefully one without internet access.

BT 16:35 30 Sep 08

I only like mugs/cups that are white inside. The outside doesn't matter but it must be white inside.

sunny staines

What do you mean only 'old biddies' drink tea. We have about 6 mugs a day, made in a TEAPOT. Can't stand people who put a teabag in a mug then heave it out when it looks the right colour. It doesn't have time to brew properly and ends up tasteless.
Still have a mug of coffee mid morning though.

tullie 16:43 30 Sep 08

I think your wife should make the phone call.
Doesent matter what you make it in,or drink out of,teabags or loose,its exactly the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now