Any ideas how this might be done? (Levitation)

WhiteTruckMan 09:03 11 Sep 10

click here

Total bafflement on my part. Which I suppose is one of the objects of the exercise! If you take as the starting point the fact that no magician/illusionist can *really* do what they would have you believe they are doing, then there must be another rational explanation. Its a pity no footage is available of them getting up or down.

WTM

Brumas 09:23 11 Sep 10

What I observe is that the soles of their feet are dead flat as though they are standing, if they were levitating surely their toes would be slightly hanging down?

WhiteTruckMan 09:40 11 Sep 10

and another observation I made was in the video footage, the guy on the right seemed to wobble slightly in an odd way at around the 30 second mark. But I do concede that a) I'm not familiar with how someone in that situation should in fact wobble, and b) I may just be imagining it!

WTM

sunnystaines 10:42 11 Sep 10

a lead is attached from the cuff of each of them to the pole, also in all photos the inner arm is rigid in the same position.

Chris the Ancient 10:47 11 Sep 10

What doesn't make it easy is that you don't see them either ascending or descending.

Grey Goo 11:06 11 Sep 10

I guess the rod runs up the sleeve and down the nearest leg to the pole and ends in a stirrup.

carver 11:10 11 Sep 10

Your right about the arms, if you blow the photos up you can see a metal support running from the pole under the out stretched arm.

Grey Goo 11:17 11 Sep 10

If they had a large "H" on their forhead the mystery would be solved.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:19 11 Sep 10

I blew the picture up to 400% and the supports could be clearly seen.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:19 11 Sep 10

the first picture

jakimo 11:43 11 Sep 10

zoom in at 800% on the hands,they appear unusually large

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…