Any ideas on how to clean my castors?

Bob The Nob© 14:19 02 Aug 09

my desk chair has 5 castors that look like these : click here

My problem is, they've got stuck full of hair from my dog and bits of string etc.

Any ideas on how to clean them as they dont seem to dis-assemble in anyway apart from coming off the bottom of the chair.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:21 02 Aug 09

Thin nosed pliers might work well.

Bingalau 14:21 02 Aug 09

A pair of tweezers and a lot of patience. Then get rid of the dog.

Bob The Nob© 14:23 02 Aug 09

so far its the tweezers and the dong aint coming back in again for a long time.

Wrabitt 16:06 02 Aug 09

Get off your butt, away from the PC for 30 mins a week and plug in the Dyson!

MAT ALAN 16:09 02 Aug 09

sell dog, buy new chair...

jimv7 16:09 02 Aug 09

castor oil :-))

Bingalau 16:14 02 Aug 09

Bit on the strong side that isn't it Wrabitt? I thought I was a bit over the top saying "get rid of the dog", (I was only joking).

Dysons are no good for picking up bits of string or dog hairs anyway.. (Dysons are as my mother used to say "All fur coat and no knickers" There are much better models of vacuum cleaners about and much cheaper too.

wiz-king 16:26 02 Aug 09

Take the wheels off the chair, or lay it on its back, apply a flat bladed screwdriver between one wheel and the central axle holder and prize off one wheel. The wheels are held onto the axle by a spring clip and should separate fairly easily.
If you succeed in getting off one wheel you can clean it and the other then squeeze hard to put them back together.
Have fun.

Bob The Nob© 23:59 02 Aug 09

I'm not sure, its an ikea chair and looks only held together by a tiny bit of plastic.

OTT_Buzzard 00:15 03 Aug 09

Could save yourself some hassle and go for something like this click here

Reckon wiz-king's probably right. They should detach easily enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…