Any experience with LULU.COM self publishing

Blackhat 15:16 31 Mar 07

I am considering using lulu.com for self publishing a short book.
Has anyone had good, bad or ugly experience with this site.

Thanks.

Kate B 18:09 31 Mar 07

I dunno, Blackhat. I've had no direct experience but there's more than a whiff of cynicism about that website. Have you had no joy with finding an agent/publisher? Sorry to sound like a downer, and it's not a comment on your writing because I haven't seen it, but my instinct would be to steer clear of vanity publishing.

Blackhat 18:33 31 Mar 07

Thanks Kate B,

According to click here It is not vanity publishing?

I only need 10-15 copies of my book for my staff but it might sell on the open market.

As it appears to be a print on demand service with no set up fees it looks inviting.

I am about to purchase a book listed on Lulu so I will soon see what their publishing and shipping is like. ( I'm not buying for the sake, I actually want a book that is only listed on Lulu).

Kate B 18:42 31 Mar 07

I think it would be an excellent way to get something to a small number of people, though if you want to sell it on the open market I'd still suggest finding an agent and a publisher.

Vanity press - that comes under the heading of "they would say that, wouldn't they?" ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…