Any budding musicians out there?

chub_tor 09:05 AM 09 Jun 11
Answered

If so go to Google's home page today and celebrate Les Paul's 96th birthday by twanging the bars on the logo. For a non musician like myself it's good fun and no bad chords that I have found.

canarieslover 09:53 AM 09 Jun 11

I wondered what was producing the sound when I first used Google this morning. I soon worked it out but I didn't realise it was for Les Paul's birthday.

grey george 16:57 PM 09 Jun 11
Answer

If you click on the keyboard icon so that it turns red you can play on your keyboard rather than the strings.

chub_tor 18:43 PM 09 Jun 11

Thank you Grey George, I was wondering what that change in colour meant.

polymath 20:08 PM 09 Jun 11

You can also play with both at once when the keyboard icon's red.

polymath 20:37 PM 09 Jun 11

And people in the U.S. can record it & send it to others, who can add their own contribution, & so on (so not just for boring offices, but uncongenial ones too!) I suppose it'll be gone tomorrow, so will have to be downloaded today for continued distraction.

Condom 01:19 AM 10 Jun 11

Well I have been a budding musician for over 50 years but I wouldn't want to embarass Les on his birthday. I'm also glad someone explained to me the reason for the Google display today because I hadn't made the connection.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites