Any budding musicians out there?

chub_tor 09 Jun 11
Answered

If so go to Google's home page today and celebrate Les Paul's 96th birthday by twanging the bars on the logo. For a non musician like myself it's good fun and no bad chords that I have found.

canarieslover 09 Jun 11

I wondered what was producing the sound when I first used Google this morning. I soon worked it out but I didn't realise it was for Les Paul's birthday.

grey george 09 Jun 11
Answer

If you click on the keyboard icon so that it turns red you can play on your keyboard rather than the strings.

chub_tor 09 Jun 11

Thank you Grey George, I was wondering what that change in colour meant.

polymath 09 Jun 11

You can also play with both at once when the keyboard icon's red.

polymath 09 Jun 11

And people in the U.S. can record it & send it to others, who can add their own contribution, & so on (so not just for boring offices, but uncongenial ones too!) I suppose it'll be gone tomorrow, so will have to be downloaded today for continued distraction.

Condom 10 Jun 11

Well I have been a budding musician for over 50 years but I wouldn't want to embarass Les on his birthday. I'm also glad someone explained to me the reason for the Google display today because I hadn't made the connection.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message