any bookworms outthere

lofty29 19:17 25 Jul 09

Hi guys and girls, I am a voracious reader of fiction, have hundreds of books which I read again and again, there are a couple of novels which I read sometime ago and which I would like to read again, cannot find them in my local library, and unfortunatly cannot remember the titles or authors, have tried websearches without any luck, wonder if any of you have any suggestions, the first one concerned a WW2 sunderland flying boat of coastal command pattroling the atlantic, the second a WW1 seaplane carrier working off the coast of palastine. Many thanks for you patience.

Woolwell 19:31 25 Jul 09

Seaplane book could be Dauntless by Alan Evans but have not read it myself.

wiz-king 21:35 25 Jul 09

Hunt Like a Tiger
ISBN 1-903953-37-5
by Tom Docherty

The illustrated and illustrious history of 230 Squadron and their Sunderland flying boats 1939-45

BRYNIT 00:17 26 Jul 09

I could never read a book myself as I needed to be active all the time. I found if I sat down for too long I would fall a sleep never knew why.

To possibly help you I have found a Web page click here this has a large sellection of books that may remind you of th titles.

Forum Editor 00:22 26 Jul 09

of RAF Felixtowe in the late 1940's/early 1950's, and there were Sunderlands operating from there. He had a few books about them, and they're still with my mother - I'll ask her to let me know what they are if you haven't had your answer by Monday.

Armchair 08:34 26 Jul 09

I have read the novel about the Sunderlands. IIRC, they were based on the African west coast, and I think one of them was destroyed by an accidental fire. It must be about fifteen years since I read it, though, and I can't remember the title or who wrote it. Which isn't much use, lol.

Definitely haven't read the other book.

laurie53 08:48 26 Jul 09

If all else fails write to "Air Mail", the magazine of the RAF Association.

Such requests are often published there.

Mike D 08:50 26 Jul 09

ould it be "A Funny Place to Hold a War" by John Harris?

Armchair 08:58 26 Jul 09

Nice one, Mike D! Now I can stop torturing my tired mind trying to think of the title............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…