Any astronomers here?

canarieslover 19:36 13 Dec 09

Might be a good night for star gazing. click here

Forum Editor 19:40 13 Dec 09

although at the moment the sky isn't clear where I am.

Chegs ®™ 20:05 13 Dec 09

I'll be taking the dog out for a walk later,heading south east (along the cycletrack away from all the light pollution)though when I could see skywards just before dark,we had a fair bit of cloud.The GF just returned from the shop & warned me its lethal underfoot with the ice so chances are,it will be another very clear evening.

Legolas 20:16 13 Dec 09

Where I am in Scotlamd I cant even see the end of my path...fog.

Legolas 20:19 13 Dec 09

....also I cant see to type ;))

canarieslover 09:06 14 Dec 09

How was it for everybody? I must admit to being a tad disappointed. We only had about 15% cloud so I was expecting something akin to a slow fireworks display. Instead I stood out from 21:30 to 22:30 and still only noticed a few, nowhere near the 100 - 120 per hour forecast. Also they were very feint and disappeared in a split second. I remember, many years ago, seeing a couple that were much brighter and seemed to last several seconds, larger particles I suppose. Still, I felt much better after a large brandy to warm me up again.

bri-an 09:13 14 Dec 09

Was up till about 1am and saw a good show, some very bright ones. Fortunately I was in the area voted 'blackest' in UK (Galloway Park) and it was clear and real brass monkey weather.

bri-an 10:00 14 Dec 09

I meant to say " blackest night sky"

tullie 15:15 14 Dec 09

Must be difficult at that time of day.

egapup 19:12 14 Dec 09

Everytime they say there's a meteor shower i've stood outside, getting a stiff neck, waiting for the spectacle and totally wasting my time.

Chegs ®™ 22:05 14 Dec 09

I took the dog out as I said,walked a mile out of town along the cycletrack and sat for an hour in total darkness as the clouds drifted in and I only saw a couple of streaks of light.The dog nearly died of panic when the cattle & sheep in the field beside the track moved,and I wrenched a few muscles slipping on invisible patches of ice as I returned disappointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…