Any Alien fans here?

Quickbeam 19:37 18 Feb 11

Then Film 4 is for you this weekend, all 4 of them are being screened from tonight until Monday.

The original Ridley Scott one is the best, when it first came out it was genuinely scary like nothing else before. It made Jaws look like Cbeebies pap...

canarieslover 19:56 18 Feb 11

Not an Alien fan, but Sigourney Weaver makes it all worthwhile.

amonra 19:57 18 Feb 11

The first Alien was undoubtedly the best sci-fi picture EVER ! Really scary. The sequels were OK, but lacked the originality of number one.
Move over wifey, the TV is mine...............

al's left peg 22:03 18 Feb 11

The first time I watched the first one, I was terrified. It was and still is a cracking series of films.

Forum Editor 23:09 18 Feb 11

set the standard by which all others must be judged. It was absolutely superb, and when you watch it now you realise just hoe good it was, compared to some of the stuff that's being produced today.

"Get away from her, you bitch!" has to be up there among the more memorable movie lines.

wolfie3000 23:51 18 Feb 11

I think the fact they had H R Giger create the alien creatures is what makes the film, his art has always been creepy, saying that I love his work.

Quickbeam 00:31 19 Feb 11

I've just got but I recorded the first one, I've got beer, extra mature cheddar and chocolate, I just need to check out Brumas's pictures first...

dororof 07:04 19 Feb 11

I think there are two seminal Sci Fi flicks,one is ALIEN,it's imagination and suspense matched with,at times,a visceral sense of horror may never be bettered.
The second is the 1st Terminator,an incredible and some would say prophetic vision of an technological dystopia played out on today's streets.
Both are worth viewing more than once.

morddwyd 08:40 19 Feb 11

"Sigourney Weaver makes it all worthwhile."

I'll second that!

Armchair 09:47 19 Feb 11

The first two, with Jones in, are by far the best. Once the cat left the series, it went downhill fast.

JanetO 10:16 19 Feb 11

I remember the advertisement posters:

In space no one can hear you scream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced