Anti-smoking brigade. Another idea

lisa02 16:54 17 May 07

Someone said today (work colleague) that they thought smokers with kids should be up for abuse charges for making their kids breathe smoke.

Kids from smokers are more likely to catch illnesses like asthma, ENT problems and other chest problems and so on...

My partner grew up with chain-smoker parents (he doesn't smoke) and his chest is pretty bad, he gets chest infections all the time. He is also awaiting an ENT operation. Coincidence??? I dunno.

What's your thoughts?

Joe R 17:13 17 May 07

Being a smoker for the better part of 35 years, I can understand the worries of a lot of people.

I have never smoked in the same room as my kids, ( I have my "smokers room" in a spare bedroom ), but feel that smokers seem to be an easy target just now.

If smoking is as big a danger as everyone is saying, why not just make it illegal. It would make for a healthier environment all round, and would save a lot of people, a lot of money.

wee eddie 17:21 17 May 07

But not until he finds a way to make money out of it.

Watchful 17:25 17 May 07

To be frank I'm fed up with yet another thread about smoking.

If it's so bad why don't they ban them altogether.

Joe R 17:29 17 May 07

Watchful,

yes I'm starting to feel the same way.

Why don't we get as much postings about the dangers and misuse of alcohol, which costs the country a lot more than smoking.

Totally-braindead 17:47 17 May 07

Arghhhhh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced