Anthrax - what next!!

Sethhaniel 10:11 16 Aug 06
  €dstowe 10:30 16 Aug 06

Although a nasty disease, anthrax is treatable with antibiotics. The problem really is that many medics have never experienced the disease which makes diagnosis difficult for them.

This diagnosis problem is much the same with what used to be known as the "childhood diseases" like measles, mumps, rubella etc. Many medics have never seen anyone with these ailments and, from being very easily identifiable to any GP they are now mysteries and subject to all sorts of futile and unnecessary testing procedures.

spuds 11:34 16 Aug 06

Anthrax spores can lay dormant in the ground for many years, possibly centuries. Isn't there an island off Scotland, that the government in the 1940/50's conducted various tests, and that island is still out of bounds to the public?.

€dstowe 13:09 16 Aug 06

Gruinard Island click here

sirreaoscar 13:35 16 Aug 06

Anthrax is caused by the spore forming bacterium Bacillus anthracis. It most commonly occurs in animals such as cattle, sheep and goats but can also occur in humans when they are exposed to infected animals.

No need to worry, it's a one off case, their are may be 3 or 4 cases a year.

Sethhaniel 13:53 16 Aug 06

gas mask & chemical suit away again ;)

spuds 13:58 16 Aug 06

Hope I or my next of kin, are not one of the 3 or 4 cases (bird flu also comes to mind):O(

wiz-king 14:46 16 Aug 06

The last biggish outbreak was thought to have been caused by the camel hair brushes in some eye makeup. Now all real hair brushes should be sterilised before they get to the shops and most do not use real hair anyway.
But it is a good way to get infected - most women (and men I suppose) put eye liner brushes in their mouth to dampen them to get a better coverage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…