anskyber

Greengage 20:55 17 Nov 06

anskyber, you are becoming a major contributor to this Forum and I, for one, thank you for the time and effort you take in helping others. I think woodchip,VoG™ and others "must fear for their position" !! but with so many such experts helping us all it can't be bad, can it?

lisa02 21:16 17 Nov 06

No not at all.

This place is full of kind and helpful folk, I'm never short of amazed at how this all ticks along. What's more it's done on a free basis by people from all walks of life.

Quite a rare thing in today's world.

Jak_1 21:19 17 Nov 06

Quite right Lisa02, many people give their time freely here to help others. I have been helped here and try to help others if I can, it's a great place for good information.

VoG II 21:53 17 Nov 06

anskyber is doing a great job.

I haven't received a statutory 'risk of redundancy' message yet so I presume he hasn't mastered Excel yet.

Bob The Nob© 22:01 17 Nov 06

Its always the same old names that crop upall over the forum

P.S Thanks for the VB help VoG™

anskyber 22:55 17 Nov 06

I'm just back and rather shocked to see my name. My skills are limited but its great to be part of a team I'll never meet or see.

VoG™ and others are safe! I'm keeping within my scope. I'm grateful for the thanks, I'm one of the sad types who gets pleasure from solving problems where I can and helping others. I suppose I should get out more!!

lisa02 23:23 17 Nov 06

PS thanks for your support earlier anskyber.

You're a gem on here!

Cymro. 12:04 18 Nov 06

As a beginner I have had a great deal of help from people like anskybar on this forum.

I made the mistake that I suspect many newcomers to computing do of fiddling about, jumping from one place to the other, opening things that are best left unopened by a beginner, downloading everything and anything and so getting my computer in to such a state that it never loaded properly, was running very slowly and would crash as often than not.

My computer now runs as good as new and I expect to keep it that way. All this at no cost to me. It has been just great.

So thanks to anskybar and all concerned.

spuds 12:41 18 Nov 06

Be careful, anskyber will be charging a consultancy fee shortly, and doing us oldies out of a job ;o).

Bingalau 12:44 18 Nov 06

Hear! Hear! I never cease to be amazed at the generosity of all the people who help on here completely free of charge. Perhaps we can all show our appreciation by putting our hands in our pockets and giving to "Children in Need" or "The British Legion Poppy Appeal". We may not feel as guilty then in accepting something for nothing. ..Bingalau..

Cymro. 12:52 18 Nov 06

I never feel guilty about accepting something for nothing, you make a good point and I will do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…