Another virtual year

spikeychris 19:24 30 Dec 05

The Internet might seem like its been around forever but it’s a relatively new thing in the great scheme of things. In the early days help was available on-line through a whole host of means – forums – newsgroups – search engines [Google didn’t own the net then] and emails.

Lot’s of you won’t recognise my username but in the early days I spent most of my virtual life here. This forum set a benchmark on the Internet, you might just think all forums were run this way – they were not. Lots were haphazard postings ending in flame wars reaching a silly conclusion.

Standards were demanded and this lead to a virtual dress code. Members were expected to conduct themselves the same way they would in the real world. A new thing on the Internet back then.

What’s this leading too? Well nothing really, just me wishing you all a happy new year and continuous success to this forum.

Chris

Chegs ®™ 20:10 30 Dec 05

Same to you to mate,Happy New Year.

SG Atlantis® 20:40 30 Dec 05

Happy New Year.

Big Elf 20:47 30 Dec 05

Never heard of you but a (virtually) Happy New Year anyway.

VoG II 21:09 30 Dec 05

Happy New Year Chris :o)

ade.h 21:14 30 Dec 05

Hi mate, haven't seen you around here much lately. I had a look at your rogue's gallery for the first time in ages - nice to see that it's still up and running. If I ever get an acceptable pic, I might submit it!

click here for newer members who don't know what I'm on about.

watchful 21:17 30 Dec 05

.....name rings a bell! Seen it somewhere :0)

Wishing you and yours a 'real' Happy New Year and all members old and new the same.

Chris the Ancien 21:26 30 Dec 05

And I hope the coming year sees good results with youy OU work.

It's been soooo quiet here while you've been busy on that.

CtA

wolfie3000 22:35 30 Dec 05

Happy new year to everyone at pca towers, FE and all the forum members.

rdave13 22:44 30 Dec 05

Happy new year to you and your family and to all forum members and every one involved with this s ite and magazine.

To everyone else....."HOGMONEY"(right spelling?):{

Forum Editor 23:25 30 Dec 05

good to hear from you. A Happy New Year to you and yours, too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…