Another scam to be aware of.

TOPCAT® 21:18 06 Apr 06

Just received this from my policeman son stationed up in Hull. Anyone already aware and unfortunate enough to have been caught out by it? TC.

His message reads:

"If you receive a card through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) saying that they have a parcel awaiting delivery instructions and can you contact them on 0906 6611911. DO NOT call the number as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICTIS at click here
or your local trading standards office.

This is a genuine scam. ICTIS have the following information about this number:

This is a card posted through your letter box from PDS Parcel Delivery suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and to call the
premium rate number in question. This service costs £1.50 per minute. This service is under investigation by ICSTIS."

Totally-braindead 21:43 06 Apr 06

Thanks for that, its a new one to me anyway.

g0slp 22:40 06 Apr 06

to have premium rate number calling barred from one's phone.

Thanks TC.

bluto1 23:03 06 Apr 06

Nice one TOPCAT.

hzhzhz 23:08 06 Apr 06

Cheers TOPCAT®.

TOPCAT® 23:28 06 Apr 06

for awhile, I note, in several parts of the country. TC.

click here

premier man 09:19 07 Apr 06

should know,but how do get premiem rate barred from my phone

anskyber 10:06 07 Apr 06
  anskyber 10:09 07 Apr 06

Sorry, and Premium rate call barring

On residential phone lines BT can bar, for free, UK-based 0900-0909 premium rate numbers. But it will NOT bar international numbers. Call 150 for details.

premier man 14:53 07 Apr 06

anskyber
cheers for that

medicine hat 14:59 07 Apr 06

I too received this warning the other day. Was intrigued by the idea that you can be charged £15 for listening to just 1 second of a £1.50 per minute call

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…