Another possible scam?

pj123 11:40 10 Oct 05

Just receive an email:

"Hello!

It has been requested that the following address:

(my email address)

should be added to the communism community mailing list.
You have been successfully subscribed to our mail list.

Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from our mail list, just follow this link:

(I won't post the link)

Click this link, or copy and paste the address into your browser."

I didn't click the link, I just deleted it.

Anyone else had this email yet?

p;3 12:42 10 Oct 05

no; and if I do it will go straight where all the rest go via mailwasher, after previewing in mailwasher to ascertain its content ; delete and blacklist ; I"ve had some fascinating others about all kinds of things; they get chucked out from server via mailwasher without even getting anywhere near my OE inbox:))

Forum Editor 12:59 10 Oct 05

over the past month, and I imagine that hundreds of thousands of other people have as well.

stalion 18:58 10 Oct 05

yes just had a south african one myself been told Iv'e won,You have therefore been approved for
a lump sum pay out of RANDS 16,800,000.00
if only it were true!!!

Kassiopea 11:30 11 Oct 05

Yes - more worrying is that apparently I've recently contributed to the communist party and I don't even UNDERSTAND the communist party or any other party for that matter. Oh well - there goes my chance to do jury service - what rotten luck. I was sooooo looking forward to it - I don't think !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…