another paypal scam

jimv7 23:00 25 Feb 08

Email has been deleted.

Due to increased fraudulent activity of identity and account theft we require that you verify your information with with us. The safety of our services together with all your personal accounts details is our first priority.
Will be my account access limited?

Your account access will be limited if in less than 48 hours we do not receive the fax with the information asked.
(Your case ID for this reason is PP-136-124-102.)

How can I verify my account information?

Please send us all of the following information so we can verify your identity with our records. (we require a fax in less than 48 hours)

1) Photocopy of a government-issued photo identification (identity card or passport)
2) Photocopy of your credit card (front and back side are required)

Please be informed that the photocopies must be specific and readable otherwise they will not be taken in consideration.

Please send us only one fax message that will contain all the photocopies required.

Please send us the information requested to the fax number or address below.

Faxing from US: 914-293-2651
Faxing from outside US: +1 914-293-2651

Please be assured that eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care. We always destroy documents after we've reviewed them.

What happens next?

Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain active until we review your account!
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Stuartli 23:24 25 Feb 08

So what exactly are you telling us that isn't already well known - and not just involving PayPal?

jimv7 08:37 26 Feb 08

No, not well known, its the 1st one I have seen that asks for copies of passport/id card and credit card.

lofty29 08:42 26 Feb 08

No reputable company including ebay and paypal woulod ask for this, and anyone who responded would be an idiot, inform ebay and paypal of this scam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos