another national treasure in the...

british airways struggling click here

Clapton is God 17:46 16 Jun 09

A national treasure to who??

well it's a name i grew up with and im old!

Forum Editor 18:27 16 Jun 09

Not that old, obviously - the company was only formed 35 years ago.

It was the product of merging (in 1974)two main carriers - British European Airways (BEA) and British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC), and two smaller companies - Cambrian Airlines and Northeast Airlines.

BA may be national, but it's hardly a treasure. Mind you, they still run the best Business Class kitchens on their aircraft, and have the friendliest cabin crew.......in my opinion, anyway.

yes, still got a boac blue flight bag. didnt know they became ba to be honest. i suppose it's because it's got british in the title.
anyway i'll shut up!
and 41 feels very old to me.

wiz-king 19:43 16 Jun 09

Not one with 'speedbird' on it?
I use one everyday to take tools to and from work.

lofty29 19:45 16 Jun 09

Bet the cabin staff are not as good as on the princess flying boats of Imperial Airways, BA's ancestors

unsure, and it's at mom's will find out.
lofty29 you can be sure of that!

Simsy 12:32 17 Jun 09

also involve British South American Airlines, BSAA, (or something similar)?

Regards,

Simsy

Clapton is God 14:49 17 Jun 09
  Forum Editor 17:25 17 Jun 09

Way back when I was knee-high to a whatever, I flew in an RAF Sunderland flying boat, and it was quite an experience - particularly the take off and landing. I can't say the cabin crew were as good as Imperial Airways, because there weren't any as I recall. My flight was all very unofficial.

I flew in a Catalina as well, equally unofficial, and equally exciting. Both flights took place out of RAF Felixtowe before it became a container port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017