Another immigrant ripping off

Al94 15:59 26 Nov 11
Answered
  Aitchbee 16:19 26 Nov 11

Now, he'll be 'kept' by HM prison 'free' for 7 years...cool.

csqwared 16:19 26 Nov 11

If you do a quick Google on 'benefit fraudsters' you will find that there are a lot of them - and not all immigrants, so, why highlight this one?

Grey Goo 16:22 26 Nov 11

Are these the same authorities that are striking next week. Should be thankful they are not paid what they're worth. How many Billions do they make disappear I wonder.

Aitchbee 16:50 26 Nov 11

The BBC highlighted this case, csqwared. Little Dom was on another 'case' at the time.

csqwared 18:55 26 Nov 11

AitchBEE

No, the BBC reported this case, as they have done many others regarding benefit fraud, I just wondered what made this particular one worthy of an appearance here.

Aitchbee 19:03 26 Nov 11

I think, because it was a bit of a 'whopper',csqwared. £400,000 pounds is a lot of money.The man was also a foreigner, to boot.

Forum Editor 19:10 26 Nov 11

Your thread title might just as easily been 'another English man ripping us off' or 'another Northerner ripping us off'.

Benefit fraud is by no means the sole preserve of immigrants, as csqwared has pointed out. That said, this man was an illegal immigrant, and the amount he obtained illegally was huge - we'll be well rid of him when he's finally deported.

The really disturbing aspect to stories like this is the ease with which the fraudsters seem to be able to cheat the system.

csqwared 19:15 26 Nov 11

As I said more fraud.

Al94 19:45 26 Nov 11

I just wondered what made this particular one worthy of an appearance here.

As previously alluded to, it was the scale and nature of the fraud coupled with the illegal immigrant status that struck me as another mindblowing failure in UK systems. Beween this and the one you linked to, there's a £1 million gone west (actually significantly more if you factor in all the associated "costs" of the crime) Muliply this by all the other cases identified and then the statistically probable bulky remainder who "got away with it" and you must be talking about an eye watering amount. The immigration issue needs to be tackled head on in any case.

Autoschediastic 21:55 26 Nov 11

After been in the uk as long as he is it maybe that he is now "British" as he could well have citizenship? it maybe a bitter pill for some but its true

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…