Annoying advert

userious? 18:58 PM 06 Jul 11

Anyone else find the Blackberry advert bouncing up and down on the edges annoying?

lucky1 19:09 PM 06 Jul 11

It's now been there for so long I don't even notice it! Besides, it helps to pay for the excellent site that this is.

ams4127 20:47 PM 06 Jul 11

Two things I will never, ever buy....

1. Blackberry
  2. ESET security
  n47. 20:50 PM 06 Jul 11

What advert?

Not seen here.

IE8

Al94 20:50 PM 06 Jul 11

I agree, so annoying they turn me off! These advertising types don't seem to get it!

daz60 21:10 PM 06 Jul 11

My favourites/bookmarks leads me direct to the forum.It is only when i go to the magazine that the advert appears.Anyway we would not have the magazine/website if it where not for advertisers.

Covergirl 21:55 PM 06 Jul 11

It's not actually on at this moment in time - or so it seems here, and I've no blockers.

I enjoyed the other advert which flipped the screen. Impressive !!

eikonuj 01:26 AM 08 Jul 11

I too found it intensely annoying, but Simple Adblock 1.0.9 got the cane out of the cupboard.

birdface 09:00 AM 08 Jul 11

Unfortunately you have to pay for Simple Adblock now.So not sure if it is an early version you have.

I have recently upgraded to IE9 and although the Advert is there it is static and not a nuisance.

eikonuj 10:50 AM 08 Jul 11

buteman - google it or download from Cnet, it's not free but I had a 30 day trial. When they ask me to pay I will, worth every penny because it works. Try it.

birdface 12:31 PM 08 Jul 11

eikonuj

I have used the free version when it first started and it got hacked a few times, no doubt it is a far better program now.

I am sure there are better programs if you have to pay.

IE7 pro Add-On is still free as long as you do not download the latest version.It works ok on IE8 or below but not so good on IE9 although it still works.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…