Is this animal rights too far

sunnystaines 08:57 07 Mar 10

surpised our political correct bunch hav'nt started that here

click here

Forum Editor 09:10 07 Mar 10

of a non-story. The results of the referendum will show that the Swiss people think so,too, and that will be the end of it. Not worth discussing, in my view, even by "our political(sic)correct bunch", whatever that means.

Quickbeam 10:10 07 Mar 10

What's with the BBC taking to doing Sunday newspaper stories...

jack 10:36 07 Mar 10

chopping a couple of 'music' stations and reducing web activity.
This is the pklace to start it seems to me.
A few less pages like the above coiuld save a few 'bob'
But of course being the organization it is- like a few others
More money will be expended- save a 'little'

spuds 11:55 07 Mar 10

I lost faith in many Animal Rights organisations a very long time ago, when their agendas seemed to harm more that prevent or protect.

Here in the UK we have sufficient legislation for animal rights, regarding cruelty and conditions. Even now the government are talking and possibly going to implement 'owner competence' licenses and tests.

But if you look at animal welfare in the main, most people treat the 'loved ones' better than themselves, except of course the very few, who regard animals only as a perhaps short term commodity for reward or self esteem.

I suppose this might be another bonus for the legal profession, but I would like to see the animal giving evidence regarding the 'crime' ;o)

Forum Editor 18:17 07 Mar 10

an overwhelming majority voted against the proposal.

click here

ronalddonald 18:30 07 Mar 10

if the swiss mice might immigrate to the uk for better care and animal rights

Legolas 19:22 07 Mar 10

Pity it hadn't been passed Doctor Dolittle would have made a fortune ;))

onionskin 23:56 07 Mar 10

Do they have robots in Switzerland?

zzzz999 06:37 08 Mar 10

Is the dog in that picture doing a Nazi Salute?? I thought the Swiss were neutral.

jakimo 14:38 08 Mar 10

When theres nothing worth printing don't the Swiss Media make up stories like ours do

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…