Ancestry.co.uk

Coffee Adict 22:19 27 Feb 08

Anyone else used this site today and found it behaving in an odd manner, i.e being taken to the wrong person when viewing a census file. Its happened to me about four times now.

Woolwell 22:24 27 Feb 08

Not a problem with the one search that I have just done. Which census?

Coffee Adict 22:40 27 Feb 08

Its the 1851 Census:
This is the name I'm viewing: William Potts
These are the names given as being in the houshold:
Amelia Wadkin 39
Ann Wadkin 77
Ann Wadkin 4
Ann Wadkin 31
No mention of William Potts. The original image is correct. If I click on Ann Wadkin 77 I get this:
William Morgan 38
William Morgan 14
William Morgan 7
William Morgan 32
William Morgan 24
William Morgan
and the parish of Tugby in Leicestershire, whereas I should be in Selby Yorkshire.
Hope that made sense, a link to a screen shot would probably explained it better, but wasn't sure about breaking their copyright rules.

Woolwell 23:03 27 Feb 08

Hm - it seems that Ancestry have got a problem with the 1851 census. I got the same results as you with William Potts. I then tried one of my own ancestors who I have previoulsy looked up in the 1851 census and got a list of strange people in the household.

Coffee Adict 23:28 27 Feb 08

Thanks for the feed back, thought I'd broken it. They did have a problem about four weeks ago after one of their regular updates and I couldn't access one of my trees by clicking on the name but had to click on tree view. I did email them but it took about five days to reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…