Anarchy

spikeychris 21:16 20 Sep 06

Do you miss the disorder of the early net? I reminisce me of yesterday’s politics, when students sat in and refused to move. The net was an unlit dark street – not the super highway of today. Everyone now has a presence on the Internet; it has conformed and moulded itself, evolving. It has been sanitized to such a degree that my Nan feels she is part of the movement.

I recall the time, feeling I was part of an underground faction disempowered but casting thoughts on the net.

lisa02 21:20 20 Sep 06

Yeah ok.

No.

VoG II 21:21 20 Sep 06

Where did this come from?

Jak_1 21:23 20 Sep 06

eh!

anskyber 21:36 20 Sep 06

If I did not know you from the threads and postings you have submitted I would wonder if some of the plot had been lost. (with the greatest of respect)

There is nonetheless a seriousness here, as a relative newcomer to the net (4 years only) I have nothing to contribute I regret to say. Perhaps you could expand your thoughts for those who are somewhat ??? about this thread.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:36 20 Sep 06

Personally, I try to never type profound thoughts when I have been on the lash.

G

anskyber 21:38 20 Sep 06

I have lived a sheltered life....the lash?

lisa02 21:39 20 Sep 06

Good times on the lash!

anskyber 21:40 20 Sep 06

OK for the uninitiated...the lash?

spikeychris 21:40 20 Sep 06

Havent touched a drop. My nan has been mailing me with her thoughts on the Internet.....

anskyber 21:43 20 Sep 06

Right. I always say I want to learn three things a day, so thanks for broadening my education. The word is not used in Kernow.

So, your Nans thoughts are?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5