The American Election

Kev.Ifty 22:56 22 Oct 08

I posted this link a few months ago. I think its been updated since or maybe our opinions have.

Kev.Ifty 22:57 22 Oct 08

The link click here

Cheers

Forum Editor 23:04 22 Oct 08

it seems that Obama is the one whose views are most closely aligned with mine (69%), although I don't think he will make a particularly good president.

Kev.Ifty 23:11 22 Oct 08

Cynthia McKinney ? 81%

Kevscar1 06:30 23 Oct 08

I have no idea why but he reminds me of JFK

nangadef 09:38 23 Oct 08

Seems I would have a problem deciding which way to vote if I was American - 69% Obama 66% McCain 62% Nader 60% Barr 57% McKinney.

I would have to go with my impressions; to me Obama seems to be more honest and less desperate than McCain.

canarieslover 09:51 23 Oct 08

It seems that I should vote for Ralph Nader, though only God knows why. I can't vote for Obama because his whole campaign reminds me so much of Tony Blair and New Labour. When you see how little good that has done for UK then you doubt anyone who seems the same.

newman35 10:02 23 Oct 08

Cannot agree with your comparison of BO and TB, I think that history may well be kinder to TB than we may be at present, and the domestic policies (leaving out Iraq, of course) that he carried through.
Not that I'm a supporter of TB, but he will have his place in our history.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:48 23 Oct 08

Obama has the better managed campaign by a long shot and he should win if all in life was fair but I have a nagging feeling, which is hopefully incorrect, that we may underestimating the way Americans may view having a black president at teh helm.

G

DieSse 11:10 23 Oct 08

Vote McCain - get Palin

aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh........................

newman35 11:22 23 Oct 08

Yes, better managed and, more importantly, much better funded.
My own view, from speaking to a lot of people in the US in the past few weeks is that they are ready for the 'novelty' of a black president - there's hope for them, yet!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…