Amazon.com

Blubottle 14:14 28 Nov 05

can anyone help I am trying to buy a number of books PC related on Amazon.com why is it so hard to set up an account and how on earth do you contact them.
regards
karen

GaT7 17:06 28 Nov 05

You mean amazon.co.uk (click here) - the UK site, don't you?

About registering:
* "Do I Have to Register?" click here, or
* "How to Create an Account" click here

To contact them:
* Via email click here & press the 'Skip sign in' button.
* By phone 0800 279 6620 or 0208-636-9200 (from click here)

Good luck, G

Blubottle 17:18 28 Nov 05

many thanks

Blubottle 17:21 28 Nov 05

thank you

SANTOS7 18:00 28 Nov 05

If it will put your mind at rest a little more i have used Amazon on numerous occasions, never had a problem and the response is very timely.
A good online supplier all round, setting up account
very easy, good luck with your purchases...

Blubottle 15:53 14 Dec 05

Amazon will not let me "add to cart" which is strange, their customer service guy said the is something wrong with my PC?????????. I think not.
Found a different source.

SG Atlantis® 16:13 14 Dec 05

cookie settings need lowered in your browser most likely.

I shopped with amazon for the first time this week. The item I bought was the cheapest I found it, and it arrived within 48hrs of the order. ordered on a thurs evening and recieved sat morning. How can ya beat service like that?

Setting up the account and using my Visa was as easy as reciting the alphabet.

Blubottle 16:16 20 Dec 05

SG atlantis,,
what do you mean cookie settings need lowered ?
my browser is Firefox.
regards

ade.h 16:34 20 Dec 05

Leave the box marked "allow cookies" empty and put the URL of Amazon's cookies into your whitelist. This is found by selecting Exceptions. Allow creates a whitelist entry, Allow for Session creates a greylist entry and Block obviously creates a blacklist entry for those times when you may have cookies enabled and what to avoid certain cookies.

ade.h 16:35 20 Dec 05

Virtually all e-commerce sites require cookies for the purchase process.

bob308w 15:22 21 Dec 05

Agree totally with SG Atlantis, Amazon is a great company to deal with, prompt delivery (usually 24-48 hours)and usually the cheapest. I have dealt with them for several years with no problems at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…