Amazon free next day delivery

bumpkin 21:42 13 Feb 15

I ordered an item from Amazon because it said free next day delivery (Special deal it was called) I bought in on that basis. After they had taken the payment from my credit card I then got an Email saying "Thank you for you order delivery will be 3to 5 working days)

wee eddie 22:50 13 Feb 15

If I remember rightly Amazon has a number of Delivery Options. If you sign up for their Special Service, which has an Annual Fee attached, your first delivery is free.

You can opt for Next Day at a cost or the Free Service which is 3 - 5 Working Days.

It can be confusing unless you read carefully and you won't be the first to see slip up by scanning the T&C's too quickly.

BT 08:21 14 Feb 15

You can get a free 1 months trial of Amazon Prime before you pay the fee. Just make sure you cancel it before you have to pay the fee.

morddwyd 08:27 14 Feb 15

Have a good look at the small print.

In my experience all traders have a "get out" clause to cover adverse circumstances, and Amazon, while good, are probably no different.

I was an Amazon Prime customer for several years (now too expensive) which guaranteed free next day delivery, but even that had a rider.

As you bought on the basis of delivery I think you may be entitled to your money back. Amazon are normally very good in this regard.

If you click on yhe returns option one of the reasons in the drop down menu is "Item Arrived Too Late".

Runabout 10:01 14 Feb 15

bumpkin

To clarify what I think wee eddie was telling you, when it says free one day delivery it does not intend you to think that it will automatically be delivered next day but that if you choose that service it will be done without the extra charge.

If you do not choose it then it will be a normal delivery.

bumpkin 10:43 14 Feb 15

Would you believe it, it has just arrived. Great service, shame about the communications.

lotvic 11:06 14 Feb 15

I've just had order delivered also. Good communications, 3 emails: confirmation order, email to say when to expect delivery, tracking number.

Was just checking tracking when there was a knock on door and it arrived :)

Quickbeam 12:03 14 Feb 15

I've never taken that option up for those reasons. But I've often got the goods next day anyway when I've ordered quite early in the day.

bumpkin 12:21 14 Feb 15

I ordered it 3pm yesterday and chose the free next day option. first email said standard delivery 3 to 5 working days, i.e. next week sometime. Another Email this morning saying it would be delivered today, which it was about 11am. I am very pleased with that as I did not really expect it till Monday even when I chose the next day option. It was just the first Email that confused things.

Quickbeam 15:53 15 Feb 15

I pre-ordered season 4 of Game of Thrones a while back from Amazon. It's just this minute arrived, on a Sunday!

Can't complain at that for service:-)

bumpkin 16:23 15 Feb 15

I have no criticism of their delivery service which is excellent. So if they can get that right then why send misleading Emails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…