Amazon

morddwyd 20:14 29 Jan 10

From time to time Amazon service is mentioned in these forums, more often than not glowingly.

Amazon announced a 70% increase in profits for the last three months of 2009.

I wonder if there's any connection?

canarieslover 20:23 29 Jan 10

When you can select their free delivery and still get the order in two days most of the time, plus e-mails to keep you informed of despatch, it's a 'no-brainer'. Add that they are also extremely competitive on price and you have the recipe for success.

MAT ALAN 20:51 29 Jan 10

canarieslover has "hit the nail on the screw" thats why i look there first...

jakimo 02:16 30 Jan 10

With their catalog range continuing extending, competitive price structure and choice of method of delivery they are always going to be a winner

OTT_B 02:34 30 Jan 10

I can't think of a time that Amazon has let me down, although I'm a little wary of the Market Place sellers, in the same way that I'm wary of eBay.

All in all, a very good service, but lacking the 'touch' of a real shop.

numskull 09:44 30 Jan 10

Their "returns and refunds" is excellent too.

al's left peg 11:04 30 Jan 10

I think they are by far and away the best online retailer out there!

paddyjack 11:18 30 Jan 10

My experience of Amazon was anything but good, and I found their customer service a joke as a result I would never use them again. On the other hand Play.com 100% satisfaction.

Forum Editor 11:57 30 Jan 10

one of the biggest and most successful online retailing operation in the world, and it didn't get that way by accident.

Founded by one man - Jeff Bezos - in a garage in 1995, it now turns over in excess of $13 billion a year, and it does this by adhering to its founder's basic business precept - pay attention to detail. Bezos is known for his concern with detail, and his ethos is strictly enforced throughout the business. Amazon knows that its continued success depends on rapid order fulfilment and no-quibble customer service.

All online businesses make mistakes, and Amazon is no exception - the difference is that Amazon makes fewer than most, and puts them right faster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…