amazon

Tycho 22:37 29 Nov 05

Below is a copy of an eamil that I have just sent to Amazon:

Dear Sir

I was deepy concerned to hear on Radio 4's Today programme that the BBC reporters were able to find what is, in effect, a paedophile's guide to the Far East.

I have been an Amozon customer for nearly as long as Amazon has existed and imagined that it was an organisation with a reasonably responsible attitude to abuses which will naturally distress any right thinking human being.

The Amazon response on the radio was that the "book is not banned". I find this quite unnacceptable and will avoid using Amazon until I receive a satisfactory response.

Yours Faithfully

Am I getting unnecessarily hot under the collar?

T

Forum Editor 23:24 29 Nov 05

If you find Amazon's response "quite unnacceptable" that's your affair, and you are perfectly at liberty to withdraw your custom. It's not for the BBC or you to decide what is, or isn't "right thinking". If you search the Amazon UK book site for the word 'paedophile' you'll be returned 958 references - many of which might offend at least one person, but none of which are banned.

The book in question has not been banned, and book retailers will make their own decisions as to whether or not they stock it. Customers who don't like the look of it can choose not to buy it.

We're a computer help forum, and Speakers Corner is for topics loosely related to computing. Neither this book, nor your attitude to it are in any way computer-related, so I think we'll leave it there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…