Am I the only one

Al94 12:45 PM 18 Jan 12

who can't see any talent or humour in this man?

wiz-king 12:47 PM 18 Jan 12

Talent - possibly, humour - none

Aitchbee 12:47 PM 18 Jan 12 you are not!

Woolwell 13:02 PM 18 Jan 12

I've never understood his appeal. I didn't like the Office.

dagbladet 13:05 PM 18 Jan 12

I think he's hugely talented and usually funny. Of course humour is subjective and we don't all laugh at the same things. He's at the top of his tree now so is probably due a prolonged savaging from the critics.

Covergirl 13:07 PM 18 Jan 12

That's three of you so far. Add my opinion to the ME list thanks

lotvic 13:40 PM 18 Jan 12

I'm not keen either, facial expression puts me in mind of someone who's had an accident in the underwear dept, and is vainly trying to struggle on instead of sorting it out.

interzone55 13:53 PM 18 Jan 12

Ricky Gervais has always struck me as far too smug with himself to be funny.

I couldn't bear to watch the Office as I used to work for a guy who was just like David Brent...

Joseph Kerr 19:54 PM 18 Jan 12

"He's at the top of his tree now so is probably due a prolonged savaging from the critics..."

Yes, but maybe he deserves it. I have not seen anywhere near his whole performance at the Globes (which I did not know he had done three times, just twice) but the little I have seen was rubbish indeed. Slightly less funny than Madge in fact, which is really going some.

Does the Twitter row relate to Life's Too Short? My main objection to that was he took someone who probably can act and said to him "just be that version of me". I watched every episode and did laugh a time or two but it was easily his weakest project so far for me.

I've previously really rated him.

But maybe they all lose it in the end. Peter Kay has too, far as I can tell.

morddwyd 20:06 PM 18 Jan 12

No, you're not.

sidecar sid 22:13 PM 18 Jan 12

As has been said humor is a personal thing. I did not like the office but i thoroughly enjoyed extras. Life's to short in my opinion was brilliantly scripted as it made me laugh like a drain but feel guilty at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…