Am I lucky??

rawprawn 17:30 28 Jan 10

This morning I parked in our village car park for a visit to the dentist. As I parked I noticed a council van pull in, it is a pay and display (30p)
and they rarely check. However having seen the council van I put my 30p worth in and displayed the ticket.
Imagine my suprise on finding a Fixed Penalty on my windscreen when I came back. The offence was Parked beyond the bay markings, I don't believe it was, but how can I prove it?
Reading further I find that they had typed in a wrong (by 1 letter) registration number.
I think that makes the ticket invalid. (Hopefully)

BT 17:46 28 Jan 10

The most important thing is to take pictures if you want to contest it. A friend of mine contested a ticket and won because the signs were partially obscured by vegetation He didn't have a camera with him so he went and bought a disposable one from a nearby shop.

If he got your number wrong they probably won't be able to trace you, but someone else may get a surprise in the post!

rawprawn 14:07 04 Feb 10

Got a letter from the Council this morning admitting a mistake was made and an apology.

amonra 14:22 04 Feb 10

An apology from a council ????
I'd frame that AND put a copy on youtube.

johndrew 14:49 04 Feb 10

".. and an apology."

Probably worth more than the value of the fine. Are you likely to have it framed and keep it in a bank vault or will it appear on e-bay???

rawprawn 16:16 04 Feb 10

If you will make me a decent offer, I will sell it!

rawprawn 17:37 04 Feb 10

I am now suspicious of the ticket, as I said I really do not believe that I had not parked properly within a bay.I just wonder if my private number plate on a BMW was enough of an attraction to have the wardens deliberatley issue an invalid ticket. If I had Paid up there would have been no enquiry
I will never know.

rawprawn 17:39 04 Feb 10

I am now suspicious of the ticket, as I said I really do not believe that I had not parked properly within a bay.I just wonder if my private number plate on a BMW was enough of an attraction to have the wardens deliberatley issue an invalid ticket. If I had Paid up there would have been no enquiry
I will never know.

rawprawn 17:40 04 Feb 10

OOps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos