Am I an idiot?

Nigel60 12:19 22 Oct 09

I may be a bit of an idiot, but can someone out there help me please?
To follow the links to an article in the magazine, where do I enter the instructions " bit.ly/TOSAs ".
Do i enter them in the web browser address bar,into the search engine or into the search bar on pcadvisor.co.uk.
I am a bit of an oldie just trying to learn a little, so any advice would be greatly received.

Cheers
Nigel60

Clapton is God 13:32 22 Oct 09

Which magazine are you talking about and in what context does this instruction occur?

lotvic 13:57 22 Oct 09

Tosa is a breed of dog of Japanese origin that is considered rare. Is that anything to do with it?

be 09:09 09 Dec 09

Nigel60, you are not an idiot. I am having the same problem.As you are in the PC Advisor magazine search forum I find it strange you should have been asked "what magazine are you talking about". Anyway, have you had any replies telling you where you enter the bit.ly/5XPk0 as I also need the answer?

interzone55 10:00 09 Dec 09

They're just standard web addresses shortened using a web service.

Enter the text as listed in the magazine without any quotes into the address bar in your web browser just as you'd enter a normal web address.

I think a quick explanation of why magazines shorten addresses is in order.

Take a look at the address of a page deep in the middle of a web site, some can be over 100 characters long, and beyond the initial domain name the rest of the address can be a seemingly random collection of characters. By using a service like Tinyurl you can shorten the address considerably making the chance of transcription errors much smaller...

be 11:00 09 Dec 09

Thanks alan14. All sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now