Alone Among the Grizzlies

rdave13 20:41 29 Aug 11
Answered

As the ads are on I recommend this documentary on channel 5. Should be on demand later on if you've missed it.

Channel 5

Aitchbee 20:55 29 Aug 11

Scotand BBC2 has got 'Gerry Rafferty .. Right Down The Line' at 9.pm. I am going to watch it now.

Legolas 21:02 29 Aug 11

Getting ready to watch it my self, never knew Gerry did know Joe Egan who co wrote Stuck in the middle with Gerry Rafferty.

Aitchbee 22:17 29 Aug 11

After watching 'Gerry Rafferty - right down the line' tonight, I was surprised when Billy Connolly 'broke down' a little bit. He is human too.

LanceAlot 09:38 30 Aug 11

This is a lovely program, but slightly different from the story of Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend.

Timothy Treadwell (April 29, 1957 – October 5, 2003) was an American bear enthusiast, environmentalist, amateur naturalist, eco-warrior and documentary film maker. He lived among the coastal grizzly bears of Katmai National Park in Alaska, USA, for approximately 13 summers. At the end of his 13th summer in the park in 2003, he and his girlfriend Amie Huguenard were killed and eaten by a grizzly bear.[

I read the article (no link) about how they were eaten by the Grizzlies they were living with in the wild. Apparently bears, like canines, eat their prey alive and bears prefer to dine on the loin area first. When the producer of their program arrived on the scene after their deaths he listened to the tapes they'd taken. He stopped listening after an hour of hearing their constant screams.

Local native American folklore tells of when you're in Grizzly territory always make sure you have a bullet left to shoot yourself in case you're attacked.

lucky1 20:01 30 Aug 11

Thanks for that piece of information. We are about to have loin chops for tea!

Forum Editor 23:00 30 Aug 11

eco-warrior

What's an eco-warrior?

LanceAlot 10:59 31 Aug 11

What's an eco-warrior?

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is it's someone who fights against ecos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…