This all looks pretty scary....

Forum Editor 18:24 05 Dec 13

Is anyone living in one of the high-risk areas?

fourm member 19:11 05 Dec 13

The storm passed through here earlier today and I can assure you it was every bit as bad as the forecast suggested. For once, I think, there is little hype in the reporting.

There was a five minute period when the wind was really intense and I feared something being smashed into a window.

It lifted a full recycling wheelie bin and dumped the contents in the garden and brought down an old tree.

I say this so anyone who is going to get this later knows that if, for example, the advice is not to go out then don't go out. This one is not 'elf 'n' safety gone mad.

bumpkin 19:13 05 Dec 13

It does not look good at all for those in high risk areas and is not good for anyone, or the country as a whole.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:20 05 Dec 13

Driving north of Sheffield on the M1 this morning was quite (h)airy with tree branches blowing across the road.

On arrival home tonight found my old lean-to shed has gone.

At least I still have electricity which is more than 80,000 in Scotland.

hssutton 20:34 05 Dec 13

I live in the high risk area of Sutton On Sea. Must say we have escaped so far, although the sea defenses where breach half a mile away making the road from Sutton On Sea to Mablethorpe impassable. Skegness prom. is under water. Boston city centre is under several inches of water. The tide is on the ebb now, but there's a worry regarding high tide at approx 8am Friday.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:37 05 Dec 13

Here in West Somerset it was all a bit of a damp squib, just a bit windy and dead leaves blowing about. We were rather glad about that!

woodchip 22:32 05 Dec 13

Took a 13 foot length of wooden Gutter off my house about 11.30am this morning just missed the car but hit the Porch roof on the way down but cannot see no damage to it, but its pulled my TV antenna down and need to refit that as well.

This is not at all well after I dislocated my left shoulder Saturday night, and did not leave Hospital till 3.30am Sunday morning

lotvic 22:41 05 Dec 13

woodchip, look after that shoulder. Ouch. Hope it is on the mend. Get someone in to do the jobs. In the meantime there is always Internet TV :)

pavvi 23:49 05 Dec 13

I'm in Southern Jutland in Denmark, having just completed a tour. We have a long drive to Copenhagen Airport which is at present closed. Hopefully it will be open tomorrow - the bridges (the very expensive bridges at £27 each way!) are currently closed. The wind is blowing up a blizzard, so it could be interesting

Quickbeam 08:58 06 Dec 13

"the very expensive bridges at £27 each way!" It must surely be cheaper to pay the ferryman!

I live in a relatively safe area, My only disruption was the wheelie bin and the outside Christmas tree blowing over.

fourm member 09:02 06 Dec 13

About the only outing my wife can manage these days is the 20 minute drive to Eyemouth to eat fish & chips on the harbour wall.

I decided, yesterday, that we should take heed of the warnings and not make the journey. Good call.

What harbour wall?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant