All clear for Google Streetview

Seth Haniel 11:28 23 Apr 09
  PalaeoBill 15:39 23 Apr 09

Interesting that Google Earth and Street View are ok but an MP isn't allowed to photograph a cycle path:
click here

A Dentist can't photograph the hotel he is staying in:
click here

and an Austrian tourist can't photograph a london bus:
click here

As to Google not being used for crime:
click here

I'm just saying that its interesting; still very much on the fence over this.

WhiteTruckMan 18:55 23 Apr 09

Interesting, that. I reckon that whenever I ask for directions (from a man) then nine times out of ten I am guided using pubs as references.

I dont know what women use for landmarks as I've yet to encounter one who knew where I was going.

WTM

laurie53 19:41 23 Apr 09

Since you don't know why should they?!

Stuartli 19:42 23 Apr 09

I always find that if you are in an unfamiliar area and wish to know how to find a particular road or street, the best bet is seek directions in a newsagents.

PalaeoBill 21:22 23 Apr 09

I was hoplessly lost driving through Manchester many years ago and in the end I paid a taxi driver to go where I wanted and then followed him.

interzone55 21:27 23 Apr 09

The Register has regular reports about Police abusing powers by stopping photographers.

A train spotter was stopped from videoing a train the other week by Virgin staff.

Some people are extremely paranoid, and if we carry on removing people's rights in the name of preventing terrorism then Al Qaeda will have won...

click here
click here
click here

birdface 21:32 23 Apr 09

You are right about 9 out of 10 give you directions Via the pubs and clubs.I asked someone for directions on the outskirts of Birmingham.Not anywhere about here mate was the reply.Ive lived here for 40 years and never heard of it.His bus came then and he moved off leaving behind the street name that I was looking for which he had been leaning against.

peter99co 22:47 23 Apr 09

The UK's military top brass are said to be "furious" that updated imagery on Google Earth

click here

Seth Haniel 10:09 24 Apr 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now