All the best to Rangers

Legolas 18:23 14 May 08

In case it escaped anyones notice Glasgow Rangers are in the final of the Uefa Cup tonight although if you live in Manchester where the game is being played you will be in no doubt as there is a reported 100,000 Rangers supporters who have descended on the City. Behave yourself you are representing Scotland.

All the best to the Gers tonight.

Jak_1 19:35 14 May 08

We had a group of Rangers supporters in our local last night. Great bunch of lads and they were more than pleased to get a lock in. Carnival atmosphere in Manchester and a nice bright sunny evening. Come on the 'Gers. Hope my seat survives the game :)

Legolas 19:40 14 May 08

I'm delighted to hear they behaved themselves lets hope the carnival atmosphere continues whatever the outcome.

Legolas 21:41 14 May 08

The dream is over Rangers beaten 2-0.

Stuartli 22:29 14 May 08

Rangers gave it everything but, in the end, it wasn't quite enough.

Perhaps if they hadn't been so cagey in the first half and played in similar vein to the last 20 minutes or so from the start, it might have been different.

justme 22:43 14 May 08

I have got to agree with Stuartli that if they had played like the later stages of the game they may have won, but all too often in a major final it seems that both teams are so afraid of losing a goal that the game is somewhat sterile.

As an aside, is it impossible to get a television producer who actually likes football and does not get bored and start showing us the crowd instead of the game. I often wish I had control of a switch which supplied a high voltage to a very sensitive part of the producer's anatomy.

In the last 10 minutes of tonight's game we were shown both managers, the president of FIFA and shots from an airship or helicopter of the football ground along with various shots of the crowd. I am sure that most people are not interested in seeing these people and views especially close to the climax of the game.

bluto1 23:04 14 May 08

Cruel (to producers) though you are I agree totally with your sentiments re viewing a match.

Hard luck 'Gers I know you'll be back.

Stuartli 23:53 14 May 08

Actually I thought that Zenit were quite adventurous, especially in the first half.

Certainly their goals were well worked, but needed to be as Rangers generally defended well.

Acx 00:36 15 May 08

'I thought that Zenit were quite adventurous'

Yeah! Zenit got it right, Rangers played like they did in the semis, defensively.

Rangers played to not concede firstly and if they could try to nick a goal. Good tactics in theory but also dangerous, when Zenit scored first there was just no way back. Shame but a good attempt.

interzone55 09:08 15 May 08

I must say thanks to all the Rangers fans for making my journey from the NEC to Rochdale last twice as long as normal.

I saw 4 heavily drunk Rangers fans at Hilton Park services at about 4 in the afternoon, I wonder what time they got the Manchester, probably just after the match ended.

Stuartli 11:21 15 May 08

Turned nasty afterwards unfortunately:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac