Aliens 'wouldn't faze modern world'

Seth Haniel 10:34 13 Jan 11

click here

Proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is unlikely to upset modern Earthlings, an expert has claimed.
Times have changed dramatically since 1961 when the US Congress was warned that evidence of extra-terrestrials would lead to widespread panic, argued psychologist Dr Albert Harrison.

timsmith259 10:40 13 Jan 11

I wrote one of them today tells me his name is Seth Haniel

Quickbeam 10:53 13 Jan 11

I think they would if the US military couldn't feel they could wipe them out in an instant if necessary.

Seth Haniel 10:57 13 Jan 11

the imposter... sneaky beings these aliens :)

DANZIG 12:21 13 Jan 11

In these times, I reckon it would depend on what these aliens looked like that would decide whether we panicked or not.

If they turned up looking like a Predator - panic would ensue!

However E.T might create a rather different reaction.

WhiteTruckMan 12:33 13 Jan 11

If you want to know what they look like, they are currently running the country.

Or is this thread about intelligent life instead?

WTM

smartpoly 13:21 13 Jan 11

I strongly believe that when we get the first confirmation of alien life it will be in respect of some form of microbial or bacterial life in our own solar system. Nothing scary about, that so long as it doesn’t get brought back here.

uk-wizard 13:27 13 Jan 11

They are among us! Well, if you read certain red-tops.

wolfie3000 14:12 13 Jan 11

Lets say we did make contact with an alien life form that had the same intelligence as us,

Would they be a threat, I dont think they would be, if they have the technology to get here then I highly doubt they would come here to attack us,

Think of it like this, if we somehow went to an alien planet how would we interact with them?

Clapton is God 16:00 13 Jan 11

Most Earthlings wouldn't recognise "intelligent life" even if it came up and bit them on the backside.

johndrew 16:53 13 Jan 11

"If they turned up looking like a Predator ..."

Or even like the little green men in 'Mars Attacks'!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant