Alan Sugar

Clapton is God 09:57 AM 08 Mar 13

It seems that in his industrial tribunal case with Stella English, Alan Sugar is proving to be all that I ever suspected he really was.

A jumped-up, uncouth, ill-tempered East End barrow boy.

Forum Editor 10:24 AM 08 Mar 13

Perhaps you could insert the words "self-made multi millionaire" before East End barrow boy.

There's nothing wrong with being a market trader -some of them are the most astute buyers and sellers you'll come across.

Alan Sugar is by anyone's standards an example of how someone from humble beginnings can make it good. He's become a legend in his own lifetime, and unfortunately - like many legends - he seems to believe that his personal charisma will suffice in all scenarios. In this instance his bluff has been well and truly called by someone who also comes from humble beginnings, and isn't averse to a bit of in-fighting.

It's the stuff that media editors dream about.

Aitchbee 11:21 AM 08 Mar 13

I also think that the majority of the Eastenders [of London] are 'oncouth and ill-tempered' that's why I give them a 'wide berth' by not inviting them into my living room; 'n' the folks who live on Coronation Street ... are just as bad!

Quickbeam 11:26 AM 08 Mar 13 says Rab C in the north!

spuds 11:29 AM 08 Mar 13

I am beginning to wonder about this case, and why it as gone as far as this?.

fourm member 11:42 AM 08 Mar 13

I think there's an element of the observer effect in the TO.

Like any organisation facing a tribunal, Sugar is putting forward his view.

Employment tribunals often descend into claims that the other side is lying about events.

Given that to win the Apprentice you have to demonstrate self-confidence amounting to arrogance, the final line of the opener could apply to Ms English.

It certainly appears from reports that Ms English's lawyer tried to goad Sugar into behaving as the media expects.

Bing.alau 14:27 PM 08 Mar 13

My instinct tells me that she is a gold digger pure and simple. Am I allowed to say that on here I wonder?

As for Aitchbee's opinion of a district of London and a mythical area of Lancashire. The words "Kettle" and "Pot" come to mind.

I love Rab C. Nesbit. Is he still smoking those Hamlet cigars?

passing through 14:41 PM 08 Mar 13

Could someone please explain what a TO is?

"I think there's an element of the observer effect in the TO."

Google gives me,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.d2k&fp=3fe8463959a88f3d&biw=1280&bih=675

Is it an Acronym?

How do you expect new comers to read posts if they are not written in English?

passing through 14:45 PM 08 Mar 13

The result I get from google is

Aitchbee 14:46 PM 08 Mar 13

Bing.alau - Rab C. knew when to 'haud his weescht'; ie. he had a good run, but knew when it was time to hand in his 'badge' ;0)

fourm member 14:52 PM 08 Mar 13

passing through

'TO' on a forum means 'thread originator' or 'thread opener'. It's a shorthand way of referring to the post that started the discussion.

I used it because I thought it was widely understood. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…