Al Martino - 1st No. 1

morddwyd 09:32 14 Oct 09

Al Martino has died

click here

Another bit of my youth gone.

jakimo 14:16 14 Oct 09

Have you made your arrangements yet? ,..or like me, have decided your not going

morddwyd 20:02 14 Oct 09

I've got more friends who have gone than not gone (present company excepted, of course!), so joining them is not too great a problem!

octal 22:21 14 Oct 09

That's a shame, I remember all his records, not that I was a fan, but he was very popular in his time, my mum liked him :)

Stuartli 23:03 14 Oct 09

Al Martino had a wonderful, powerful voice and made it all seem so easy; Sir Terry rightly lauded him this morning.

Michael Buble is another great artiste who makes singing appear absolutely effortless.

Condom 23:25 17 Oct 09

I've just finished putting together a collection of all the No 1 hits from 1953 up to Dec 2008. Its amazing how few No 1's there were in the earlier days compared to nowadays where it often changes every week. I really must get out more. For anyone of the same age group as myself the No1 's for 1953 were Al Martino-Here in my heart, Jo Stafford-You belong to me, Kay Starr-Comes along a love, Eddie Fisher-Outside of heaven, Perry Como-Don't let the stars get in your eyes, Guy Mitchel-She wears red feathers, Stargazers-Broken wings, Lita Rosa-How much is that doggie in the window, Frankie Lane-I believe, Eddie Fisher-I'm walking behind you, Mantovani-The Moulin Rouge theme, Guy Mitchel-Lookat that girl, Frankie Lane-Hey Joe, David Whitfield-Answer me, Frankie Lane-Answer me.

When UK singer Lita Rosa died last year it only left Kay Starr who I believe still occasionally performs in the USA.

morddwyd 04:22 18 Oct 09

And they all got there without any raunchy videos!

Bingalau 10:33 18 Oct 09

Try this site for checking up on all sorts of the good oldies click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos