Affiliated Cookies What are they exactly

Ex plorer 14:55 29 Oct 07

Hi I often run spy ware and I find that there are always Affiliated Cookies what are they exactly, I delete them and within a few hours they are back.
Ex

crosstrainer 15:05 29 Oct 07

Contain these (usually harmless) adware and affiliates which you pick up from all kinds of web sites...they are largely benign, and as long as you keep your antipsyware up to date, and run it regularly, you should be safe online.

The real nasties come from peer to peer, and sex related sites (but that is not to say you can only get them from there) The internet is sadly full of such junk...Which is why we now have to spend money on products to remove and protect us!

Ex plorer 15:42 29 Oct 07

Hi crosstrainer thanks for your input I don't mind the near harmless ones.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:49 29 Oct 07

'Which is why we now have to spend money on products to remove and protect us!..a home user has no need, REPEAT, no need, to spend a penny on protection. A free AV and a free spyware remover + a little common sense is all that is needed.

G

Teaboy 17:28 29 Oct 07

Mr GANDALF <|:>)> one of these days you are going to cop it! The universial law- if it can happen, then it will-, will get yer.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:18 29 Oct 07

Nonsense.

G

Forum Editor 18:26 29 Oct 07

Provided you exercise a degree of commonsense, and use something like AVG and Adaware and/or CCleaner you'll be fine.

There's absolutely no need to spend money on these things, and there's no 'universal law' which says you'll cop it if you don't.

crosstrainer 06:55 30 Oct 07

Whilst I agree with you both in principle, as an oem supporting (a lot of) students and young people, I'm afraid it's the "Little common sense") that is frequently lacking or ignorned.

Yes, there is plenty of perfectly adequate free protection out there, but if individuals choose to ignore advice (and they will) infected computers are here to stay.

Stuartli 14:52 30 Oct 07

But if there is "little common sense" on show, then surely whether the protection is free or paid for, it won't make any difference...:-)

crosstrainer 14:53 30 Oct 07

That's my point exactly...there isn't in manu cases!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac