advisor prizes

fitcher 12:30 29 Oct 05

thanks to pc advisor for the competitions .but I would not consider entering one for an item like a printer that would cost an arm and a leg to run ,, but maybe a camera ..a couple of blue tooth dongles. a stand alone scanner . etc ,,would wet my appetite ..sorry if I am moaning git ,,but it is only my opinion .

pj123 16:37 29 Oct 05

I don't enter many of the PCA competitions but if you do win, the prize is free. Does it matter what the upkeep is? If you don't want it you can always "give it away" or "sell it". I entered a competition a long long time ago and won a Rover Metro. I would never have a Rover car anywhere near me, so I sold it.

I think I might try entering more PCA competitions, after all, if you're not in you can't win.

wee eddie 16:43 29 Oct 05

As many of you will know, I am a keen Curler and enter many competitions.

90% of the prizes, that I win, are of no interest to me at all and usually get used as Raffle Prizes by a local charity that I support.

fitcher - Any competition that causes your mind to work can be fun. Don't let the suitability of the prize stop you from using those little grey cells.

pj123 16:58 29 Oct 05

Just tried the latest competition Epson Picturemate 100.

Having spent quite a few minutes answering the survey at the end I get submit and then get

this page cannot be displayed. click on the back button and try again and I then get you have already submitted an entry

So have I submitted an entry or not?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:05 29 Oct 05

Good job PCA are not offering a car, you would have to put petrol in it if you won. Damn inconsiderate of them.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:06 29 Oct 05

ps click here should sort you out if you are too pikey to pay for cartridges.

G

Forum Editor 17:09 29 Oct 05

You wouldn't enter our cmpetition to win a printer, in case you won, and had to buy ink cartridges for it.

What do you run your present printer on then?

fitcher 20:21 29 Oct 05

just shows how I think ,the wife would agree with you.yes ink prices do get up my nose .close now cheers,

ade.h 21:12 29 Oct 05

I'd be happy just to win something once in a while. Or just once!

GANDALF <|:-)> 06:29 30 Oct 05

'yes ink prices do get up my nose'...it costs less than £28 for 2 sets of 6 colour refills (plus 2 extra black) for my Epson R300 from Choicestationery. That is not expensive by anyones' standards.

G

€dstowe 07:48 30 Oct 05

I really don't understand the attitude shown by fitcher here. If you don't like the prize, don't enter the competition - simple as that. There is no point at all coming on here and complaining. If the prize were to be a camera, I suppose you wouldn't want it because it only had 5 million pixels instead of the number you wanted.

The thing to do is what a friend of mine did some years ago. His girlfriend worked as a publicity secretary for Radio Luxembourg (remember that?) and in its declining years when its audience base became very low, the competitions it ran frequently had no entrants. My friend was told of this by his girlfriend so he enters the competition and wins, and wins, and wins.

Almost every week he would turn up at uni with a car boot full of prizes that he would sell at a very good price. I furnished my first flat mainly with his Radio Luxembourg prize money. He did keep some for himself - like a one month holiday to Canada, a new car and his mortgage paid for a year. He didn't have a mortgage at the time so he took £20,000 in cash.

There is an old saying - Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I don't know what the precise meaning is but the inference is obvious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…